A high friction surfacing system for medium duty applications.
Eurogrip1500 is a 'coat and scatter' system working by bonding high friction grit to concrete, bitumen macadam, timber or metal substrates.
The polyurethane resin base adheres tenaciously to both grit and substrate. It is tough, but also flexible, taking up small movements of the substrate. The high friction grit used is normally calcinedbauxite.
Its size depends on the degree of anti-slip required but is often between 0.9 and 1.4mm. The system is roller applied and unlike many cures very quickly.
Disruption is minimal and surface can be returned to normal use in about 3 hours depending on ambient temperature. It will also cure at low temperature.
To protect against staining and help with maintenance, the surface can be sealed with a clear sealcoat such as Optiseal AR.
The final colour is that of the high friction grit which fully covers the surface. This usually varies from buff to grey. If other colours are required these can be achieved by using coated grit or a coloured seal coat.
- Long service life compared with other systems
- Cold applied using only a roll
- Low hazard materials
- No need to remove road markings
- Resistant to oils and solvents
- Minimal maintenance
- Minimal traffic disruption
- Suitable for a wide range of substrates (bitumen, concrete, timber, steel, etc)
- Does not embrittle with age
- Car parking bays
- Car park pedestrian access
- Railway bridges
- River bridges
- Canal walkways:
- Stair treads
- Traffic plates
- Airport baggage handling areas, etc.